Thinking about having an event in Times Square? The Times Square Alliance can help you think through the issues and opportunities of having your event in Times Square and give you one-stop guidance with respect to permitting, approvals, etc.
See & Be Seen...
- Times Square truly is the Crossroads of the World.
It's no surprise why Times Square is the #1 event destination in New York.
- 364,000 pedestrians pass through Times Square every day.
What locations can I produce an event?
Current permitted spaces in Times Square events include the following locations:
Located between 43rd-44th Streets at 7th Avenue and Broadway
The Broadway Plaza
All of Broadway between 42nd-47th Streets
Located between 46th-47th Streets at 7th Avenue and Broadway
Where in Times Square can I host an indoor event?
- Highest trafficked tourist information center in New York
- Press conferences to receptions, it can all happen here!
How do I promote my event?
Ask us about street pole banners, receptasigns and the Times Square digital package.
Items to consider
- What is the exact date and timeframe for your event/promotion?
- What type of budget has been allocated towards this event/promotion?
- What infrastructure will your event/promotion require?
- Will you need amplified sound?
Notes about selecting the date for your event/promotion
- Times Square is an extremely busy place with a great number of residents, employees and tourists in the neighborhood seven days a week.
- Generally speaking, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday have proven to be the most successful days for events and promotions in the neighborhood.
- Matinee days in the neighborhood have proven to be overcrowded, thus the Times Square Alliance strongly suggests avoiding Wednesdays, Saturdays & Sundays.
How do I get started?
Call Times Square Alliance at 212.452.5212 or email EVENTS@TimesSquareNYC.org for the most up to date information.
Last updated: July 15, 2010